Tuesday, March 01, 2011

3D Web Display Maker and Chamber Benefits

Good afternoon and I hope your day has been a pleasant one. We're
at that strange time of year in the mid to south west where
temperatures swing from the teens in the evening to the 70's
during the day. Sure makes it hard to dress with wide swings like
this. Kind of like trying to do business in this equally wild
economy.

First, I want to thank everyone who has been writing to me,
thanking me for publishing my weekly newsletter. I've been at it
for almost 15 years. You would think I would run out of things to
say and info to share, but it never stops coming and we're approaching
2000 subscribers!

Second, I wanted to tell you about a new graphics tool that
crossed my desk, and I think it is very exciting. It enables you
to quickly create a dazzling 3D display of images -- could be
album covers, photos, product shots, screen shots -- just about
anything you can think of -- and they look like the "cover flow"
effect that iPod's and iPhone's use on their displays. I know
you've seen them. Click the link below to read the review and see
a sample of this really cool tool:

http://www.cooltoolawards.com/software/multimedia/3DWebDisplayMaker.htm

Third, are you a member of your local chamber of commerce? Back
in 2000, I joined a local chamber but didn't get as much out of it
as I thought I would. Well, this week I joined a different
chamber that is in an "up and coming" area near Tulsa that is
experiencing record residential and commercial growth.

One of the things you need to look at when considering joining a
chamber is the total number of active members. This one has over
425 members which represents a good-sized, focused group of
prospects for me. In addition to becoming potential customers,
they also represent a potential new referral base for me.

In addition, you need to look at how many members are in your
business category. In my case, there were only two other
companies in advertising and marketing and one appeared to be out
of business. This means my category is not diluted with too many
competitors yet.

I also asked about their entertainer category, and guess what,
they don't have any magicians in the chamber yet either, so I
signed up under that category, too.

Of course, as my friends have told me, you get what you give. You
need to get involved in your chamber's activities and volunteer
in order to develop credibility, authority and meaningful
relationships. So I'm looking forward to this and will keep you
abreast of my progress.

Speaking about magic ... I appeared at the Spotlight Theater
twice last weekend and the shows were packed! I had a lot of fun
and even received a standing ovation. Never in my wildest dreams
did I expect to find myself performing magic and comedy at age 52.

It goes to show that you need to listen to and then follow your
heart. While I'm not making a ton of money performing yet, I am
having a great time making others laugh, I am learning a lot
about myself I never knew, and I am laying a firm foundation to
expand my love of magic into a profitable business.

Right now, I am the only magician in the area who is appearing in
two different public venues every month. This puts me at a
distinct advantage over my competitors as I can invite
prospective customers to come see me work before they make the
decision to hire me.

Now to start applying everything I typically do for my marketing
clients to my own magic business. Let's see what kind of magic I can
really do!

Until next time,


Steven

P.S.: If you have any marketing challenges you'd like to discuss,
please give me a call at 918-810-5233 or drop me an email at
info@schneiderman.net. And if you need a magician for an upcoming
event, drop me a line!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home