Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Easy Affiliate Pages and CPanel Tutorials

I hope this final email of the year finds you and your family
well. May the year ahead be full of blessings including health,
wealth and peace of mind.

Over the years, two of the most frequent questions I hear are:

1. What can an affiliate program do for my product or service and
how do I start my own affiliate program?

2. How do I host my own web site once I find a domain that I
like?

I'm going to try to respond to both of these questions within
this email, but if I lose you anywhere, please feel free to reach
out to me via email or phone at 918-810-5233.

Affiliate Marketing 101
-----------------------

Affiliate marketing is another name for referral marketing.
That's really the age old way most of us sell -- through
referrals from other happy customers. A happy customer will tell
a friend or colleague about the excellent product or service you
provided, and through that introduction you receive a new client.
It's really about word-of-mouth advertising. Passing the good
word along to others.

The difference with affiliate marketing is that you pay people
for their referrals if their referral evolves into a sale. Your
affiliates pass the good word along on their web sites, in their
blogs, through social marketing, or in their emails. They include
a link to your site and when someone clicks that link, it flags
the referral with their assigned referral code. This allows you
to pay them for the referral if it turns into a sale. Got that?

Now the huge benefit to implementing an affiliate program for
your product or service is that it is like having hundreds of
thousands of virtual salesman out there working for you 24 x 7.
And they don't get paid unless they make a sale. It's cheap
labor. It's a way to get feet out on the virtual street to shout
out the benefits of your product or service.

For example, when I started my online publishing service,
EbookoMatic.com, back in 1999, it was just me trying to reach
hundreds of thousands of authors world-wide. It was tough. But
once I implemented an affiliate program, I was able to multiply
myself. In fact, within the first year, I had over 500 affiliates
world-wide promoting my online publishing service. Over 23% of my
revenue was generated by these affiliates. This was passive
revenue. Sales were made while I slept. You can see how this can
sky rocket your revenues when done correctly.

Starting an affiliate program is as easy as getting a Clickbank
account for $49.95. Once you are approved, you can begin
promoting your affiliate program to visitors to your site.
Another good idea is to promote your program through affiliate
program directories where you can describe your opportunity and
recruit new affiliates. You decide how much of a commission you
want to pay -- a set price or a percentage of sales. Clickbank
manages the affiliate sign-up and payment processes making this a
truly turnkey and hands-off procedure for you.

Now here is a warning: you need to set your affiliates up with
everything they need to be successful. If they don't make money,
you don't make money. So you need to provide them with graphical
banners for their web pages, email messages to send out to their
lists or post to their blogs, and anything else you can think of
to make their lives easier and to encourage them to focus more
energy on promoting your product or service.

Many affiliate programs fall apart here. They simply encourage
people to sign up to become an affiliate and then they do not
provide their affiliates with any of the tools they require to be
successful. This is where I can help you. I can design your ebook
covers or product images, I can create your banner ads, and I can
write your email series or articles.

I also strongly recommend you implement a solution called Easy
Affiliate Pages:

http://www.resellerproducts.com/easyaffiliatepages/

Let me know if you have further questions ...

Hosting 101
-----------

After you secure a memorable domain name -- and do make sure it
is easy to remember and type -- you need to host your web site
somewhere. A host is a place where your store your web site. One of
the easiest to use and best hosting services is Host Gator:


http://secure.hostgator.com/~affiliat/cgi-bin/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=spidy123


I am actually in the process of slowly moving all of my 100+
domains from my own server to Host Gator. Why? Well, it's
expensive to maintain your own web server. I lease my server from
Dell for $94.00/month and then pay $152.00/month to my
collocation facility where I lease rack space for my server.
That's almost $250.00/month to run my own server.

In comparison, Host Gator costs around $250.00 for 3 years to
host unlimited domains! That's a savings of about $8750.00 over 3
years! You can see why I like them. Their support is also pretty
good. You can purchase a basic hosting account for around $19.95
a month. It's cheap.

Now once you secure a domain and a Host Gator hosting account,
you need to set your site up. You may need to set up an email
account for your domain. You may need to set up a Wordpress blog
or MYSQL database or backup your web site and data.

All of this is done through an interface known as CPanel. The
first time you see CPanel, you think "Uh-oh, what did I get
myself into!" It can be daunting, but I found a series of
excellent video tutorials that walk you through everything you
need to know:


http://www.resellerproducts.com/cpaneltutorials/


This is top notch and also comes with a bunch of terrific bonus
marketing tools and master reseller rights so you can begin
making money right away.

Hosting your own site isn't that difficult. You don't need to be
a rocket scientist and you don't need to pay someone to perform
common and simple tasks. People have paid me as much as
$150.00/hour to set up their hosting and email and frankly this
video series will walk you through the steps quickly and easily.

Well, I hope this info proved helpful. I am still working on my
new ebook which spills the beans about how I generate $25K/year
in passive income and I hope to have it available for sale in
January.

Until next time,


Steven

P.S.: Forward this to a friend by clicking the link below:

http://www.getresponse.com/forward.html?x=a62b&m=Wqed&s=BM46r&y=M&


Schneiderman Marketing, LLC, 1811 S. Baltimore, Suite 203, Tulsa, OK 74119, United States

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home