Friday, June 18, 2010

Happy 15th Anniversary to Me/WordPress 201 Revealed

Well, my wife and I are celebrating our 15th anniversary this
week. Considering I never thought I would get married when I was
living in NYC, I'd consider this a major accomplishment as well
as a blessing. Especially when you consider how I spent $2,000.00
to meet my wife ...

Growing up and dating in NYC, I was always introduced to "nice
Jewish girls". After all, thought my friends, I was white, middle
class and Jewish so what else would I want in a woman? The only
problem was in those days I did not really practice Judaism
anymore than I liked nice Jewish girls. In fact, I went to the
opposite extremes -- I was attracted to non-Jews and non-white
girls. Hey, NYC is a melting pot.

Anyway, when I got to Tulsa in 1993 I was bored and lonely and
decided to try joining an introduction service. They interviewed
me for 4 hours, charged me two grand, and then started sending me
introductions. The first was a bad match -- an older woman who was
a teacher who liked to stay home and iron. I may not be Mr.
Excitement myself, but I try to have a life outside of my work.
Nah, the first introduction was not for me.

But then I met Amy. Right away when I saw her, I had a smile on
my face. She was short like me, but the similarities stopped
right there. She was half Korean - half Puerto Rican - and I was
in heaven. She was a dental hygienist and loved all things
sports. The only things we really had in common was a love for
sushi and going to the movies. I never thought it would really
turn into anything. After all, she wasn't looking for a serious
relationship.

Somehow, despite a million differences, we stuck together and a
year later we had fallen in love and gotten married. That was
back in 1995 and here we are now with two kids who rule our
lives. When I asked Amy what she wanted for our anniversary she
said she wanted a Cox Digi. If you receive cable service from Cox
Communications, you'll know they have these cute animated
characters called Digis who help the cable guys install their
services. The only problem is you can't buy these critters
anywhere.

That's when I called upon my old friend, we'll call Mr. X, who
managed to procure one for me. Said he had to give a kidney to
get it. My wife was delighted with her Digi and best of all it
was free. Well, almost free. I owe my friend, Mr. X a new kidney
now.

Anyway, this all goes to show that networking among your friends
comes in mighty handy when you need a unique gift. And one of the
best ways to build this type of relationship is through -- anyone
-- anyone -- Bueller -- anyone -- that's right -- blogging. Thank
you.

Now there are two popular ways to build a blog: Blogger (from
Google) and WordPress. Of the two, Blogger is faster and easier
to get started but very difficult to customize and give it a
flavor of your own. WordPress can be used to build great custom
blogs as well as fully functional web sites, and it is much
easier and more powerful than Blogger. It comes with its own
content management system, too.

Here's a special low cost way to learn more about blogging and
how to optimize your WordPress blog. It comes with videos, music,
templates a Cox Digi -- OK, I threw that last one in -- but it's
really a very complete package of goodies which you can use to spice
up your WordPress blog AND you can resell it, too! Yeah, it comes
with everything you need. Check it out here:

http://www.resellerproducts.com/wordpress201revealed/


Until next time,

Steven

PS: Share my newsletters with friends. Click the link below to
forward it right now:

http://getresponse.com/forward.html?x=a62b&m=r7N3&s=BM46r&y=w&

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home