Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Importance of Having a Plan!

Welcome my friends, to the show that never ends. Last night's
tornado "attack" left portions of Oklahoma City and elsewhere
devastated. Luckily, Tulsa remained unscathed. I remember shortly
after moving to Tulsa, I learned the area I live in is called
Tornado Alley. Then I started hearing stories about how local
trailer parks were demolished. I even met someone who had the
roof pulled off their house and survived! The key to surviving a
tornado is to be prepared.

Last night when my kids got home for dinner, I told them about
the expected change in weather and the likelihood for tornadoes.
Immediately, they went into action with a plan.

They quickly cleaned out the closet under the staircase and
started packing it with spare pillows and bulky blankets. My son
ran for the garage and got all of our bicycle helmets and snacks
and bottled water. He also grabbed my wedding album and his
Nintendo. Hey, you got to be prepared for the worst. My daughter
grabbed her Bible and prepared a basket for her new bunny. I
grabbed some flashlights and we hunkered down. We expected the
worst, had a plan, and luckily the storm passed.

Life is a lot like this. You never know what God's going to
throw your way. Sometimes it's great and sometimes it's not. But
you need a plan and you need to be prepared.

I receive a lot of emails and phone calls from friends and
acquaintances each week, and many are unemployed, displaced, and
struggling to stay a float. I give my words of encouragement --
which is sometimes difficult because I am facing issues, too --
but I do my best to help provide a fresh prospective and
inspiration.

A friend of mine and long-time subscriber, Susan Greene, has
just written and released a new ebook entitled "Job Hunting in a
Tough Economy, Kick-Ass Strategies to Get the Job You Want and
the Salary You Deserve." The book is 257 meaty pages,
professionally written and professionally designed. It also
comes with 15 bonus products.

I've just gotten done reading two key chapters which intrigued
me -- one on writing cover letters and the other on negotiations.
I like the way this ebook is written: clear language, simple
steps, lots of examples and advice from her past experience.

I also like the fact that a lot of the information in this ebook
is practical advice even if you are not presently looking for a
job. In fact, you could easily apply a lot of this advice to
someone who is self-employed and desiring to stimulate their
business.

The ebook is filled with common sense which most people ignore.
I am amazed by how many people apply for a job without ever
sending a cover letter (and they wonder why they never receive a
response), or how many people blindly accept the first offer (and
inadvertently leave large sums of money and benefits on the
table). If you follow Susan's advice, you will be be better armed
to get the job you want at the price you want. Learn more here:

https://www.e-junkie.com/ecom/gb.php?cl=72493&c=ib&aff=28552

Until next time,


Steven

P.S.: Know someone who could benefit from reading this newsletter?
Click the link below to forward it to them:

http://getresponse.com/forward.html?x=a62b&m=rz7F&s=BMayh&y=l&

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home