Friday, April 02, 2010

Building Credibility with Prospects, Part II

Greetings to you on this rather wet April day. I hope things are
going well for you in all of your endeavors. Last time I wrote to
you, I spoke about how to build your equity with others, and I
mentioned that one way I do this is to provide a limited amount
of free consultation.

As the years have passed, this has expanded from a single
one-hour meeting to several hours or meetings. I will also
typically include a free review of a prospect's web site and even
include a list of suggestions for improvement. This is how I
demonstrate credibility, authority and value. It helps
differentiate me from everyone else out there and also positions
me to ask a higher price for my higher quality services.

Remember, there's a lot of noise out there from people who are
competing for the same audience in your space. For instance, my
competitors range from ebook cover artists to copywriters to web
developers. That's a large body of people. Of course, in most of
those cases, my competitors can not provide all of the services
that I can provide, and one-stop shopping is very attractive to
many people.

One way I market this diversity of services is to use multiple
web sites all cross-linked to each other. This is an old but very
powerful strategy originated and made popular by SEO expert
Michael Campbell.

For instance, EbookCoverArtist.com promotes my product design
services for ebook covers and related products. It cross-links to
EbookCoverCreator.com where I review and promote product creation
tools for those people who would rather do it themselves. The
site is also cross-linked to my publishing site, EbookoMatic.com,
because just about anybody wanting an ebook cover designed also
wants ways to improve their visibility for their ebook and my
publishing service does just that.

I promote my copywriting services for sales letters, email
series and press releases on Marketing-Cowboy.com. This site is
also cross-linked to EbookoMatic.com since many of the people
needing copywriting services are promoting an ebook they have
written.

And there's dozens of other sites that are aligned with various
areas of my subject matter expertise. Each of those sites focuses
on a niche or a need, and provides free advice and product
reviews and all are cross-linked to each other in one way shape
or form.

The longer I can capture a prospect's attention and keep them in
my world, the better the chance that they will eventually become
a client.

The longer they spend time on my sites and learn about the depth
and breadth of my knowledge, experience and gifts, the more
credibility I build with them, too.

I always recommend to my clients, no matter what business they
are in, to secure multiple related domain names and cross-link or
redirect them back to their main site.

Consider the possibilities.

OK, there's a new graphic tool out that is surely going to
become a must-have item for folks who like to develop and design
their own business logos, icons and graphics.

It's called Easy 3D Icon Maker and with just a few clicks, you
can select and customize ready-made graphics in the blink of an
eye. Watch the video to learn more here:

< http://www.resellerproducts.com/easy%203d%20icon%20maker/ >

Until next time, have a wonderful Easter Sunday and remember the
price He paid for us and the gift he gave us through his pain and
suffering. It truly is a miracle.

All my best,

Steven

P.S.: Read something you like? Share it with a friend by
clicking the link below:

http://getresponse.com/forward.html?x=a62b&m=RCaR&s=BM46r&y=f&

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home