Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What Would You Do If You Had a Time Machine?

Good morning and I hope things are going well for you on the
other side of the screen. Last time I wrote to you, I presented
you with a low end option for developing an online sales
presence. Today, we wax philosophical ... here's the question --
if you had a time machine and could return once to the past to
change a decision you made or return to the future to see how
things will turn out for you -- which would you choose?

Looking at my own life, I can honestly say that while I have
done much good, I have also made some terrible choices -- from
personal behavior to financial decisions. From resenting people
and situations I was placed in to poor decisions on my part which
hurt others, there's quite a lot I would like to take back and
change if given the chance to do so.

From a business and financial perspective, I've been a poor
steward for wealth. Not that I wasn't generous in my giving, but
I came to believe that my success was all of my own doing -- an
immature belief if ever there was one. I also came to treasure
money and things more than people. So if I had a time machine and
could change my past actions, I might return to 1999 when
I had been given great wealth and change the way I used it and
taken less credit for my accomplishments. I also would have spent
less time working and more time with my family.

In examining my present day life, I -- like many people --
sometimes wish I could turn the clock forward several years to
see how things will turn out. Will I still be consulting 20 years
from now? Will I sell my house? Will my health deteriorate? Will
my wife and kids be happy and healthy?

We live in very turbulent times and very few of us have not been
impacted by the economy. Our personal wealth has shrunk, our jobs
and companies always seem to be in jeopardy, and life seems more
challenging now than it was 10 years ago. Some can't face the
pain of even getting out of bed in the morning and wish they
could just turn the clock forward -- not so much to see how it
will all end but simply to escape the present day pain.

But here's the thing to remember.

We don't have a time machine.

We can't dwell on and worry about the past because no matter how
remorseful we may be over our past actions and decisions, we
can't change anything.

We can't worry about the future either because there's precious
little we have any control over that could overly influence the
course of the future.

So the best thing we can do is to live one day at a time and
make the best of it -- each and every day.

Now, go do something nice for someone else.

All my best,

Steven

P.S.: I encourage you to share my newsletters with friends and
family. Please click the link below to forward this email now:

http://getresponse.com/forward.html?x=a62b&m=FpsC&s=BMayh&y=J&

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home