Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tired of Trying it on Your Own Yet?

Good afternoon, folks. I hope you are enjoying your first day of
Fall. I recently discovered I have high-blood pressure. Ah, the
joy of turning 51. So in addition to new blood pressure meds, I
am also walking in the mornings. Today was a lovely morning --
nice and cool. I miss walking.

Back when I worked in New York City, I would walk at lunch time.
I am a devout people watcher and enjoyed studying different
people under different circumstances. Unfortunately, Tulsa does
not have sidewalks except for the downtown area where my office
is located. But out south where I live we simply have property up
to the curb and then the street. There aren't a lot of people to
watch at 7:30 am. With the exception of the odd neighbor (and
some of them are pretty odd) and a landscaping or sanitation
truck, there's no one around. Peaceful but a little creepy some
times.

I'm just walking briskly right now, trying to get my heart rate
up gradually, break a little sweat. In a few weeks, once my body
has gotten acclimated to exercise once again, I'll start to walk
a bit faster and then sprint every few blocks to really get the
old heart pumping. Hopefully, within a few months, I'll feel
better, my pressure will go down to normal, and I'll have more
stamina. But I realize it is a gradual process requiring an
investment on my part. Most of all, it will require time.

You can't expect overnight results from walking or running. If
you do, you could hurt yourself and be sadly disappointed. So why
then do people look to the Internet to make a living and
expect to become wealthy overnight? I suppose that's why so many
people are so disgusted with the Internet. They spent money on
courses and ebooks and tools, built their first web site, hung
their shingle out if you will, and got nothing for their time and
money in return.

But unlike physical exercise which can begin to show some impact
within the first few weeks, most people do not experience
positive results in their online marketing efforts. I know. I
receive many emails each week from disgruntled people asking me
what they are doing wrong, and by the way, can I fix their
problems for a nominal fee.

Years ago, I'm talking ten years, everyone was clamoring to buy
ebooks and courses from Corey Rudl, Armand Morin, and Marlon
Sanders. Those were the names you heard most. Today, it feels
like there are more Internet gurus than there are newbies. All of
these gurus sending out their latest "Buy Me!" email message to
the same lists. And then their affiliates kick in, and before
your know it, your email box is full of a dozen or more similar
emails all promoting the same offer, promising the same thing.

Now don't get me wrong. I have purchased a lot of these products
myself, and in some cases, have been given a copy to review. I
own the original Corey Rudl course and the multiple binders still
sit on the shelves in my home office. Right alongside the binders
from Marlon Sanders and others. I have read them. I learned a lot
and a lot of it was common sense. I also made some money through
promoting the best of these though I don't spend a lot of time
promoting them anymore. In fact, long-term subscribers know I
don't tend to follow the herd with tons of affiliate promotions.
I'd rather mentor you all through my own newsletter and work
selectively with those of you who can afford to do so like ...

I have a fitness client who asked me to write his sales letter,
his email series, and a press release. As a result of the press
release, he caught the attention of AOL Health and was invited to
become a member of their team. He started getting more traffic to
his site and sales began to take off.

I have a manufacturing client who asked me to write a press
release to promote his new company. The release got picked up by a
national trade journal and he also received over 800 unique
visitors to his site. He started to develop credibility and new
relationships which are helping his company grow.

I have a software development client who asked me to study their
product, redesign their site, write their sales letter and email
series, and guide them in their sales and marketing efforts. They
averaged 10 new clients over a six-month period before we met,
and now they are picking up 1-2 new clients each week, and we're
still implementing additional marketing tools.

Are you tired of trying it on your own yet?

Why not let me mentor you through the process? It doesn't
require a massive investment. We can communicate via email or
phone once or twice a week. You assemble your questions and I'll
answer them. I will direct you and keep you from going astray. I
will guide you towards assuming a more profitable position.

Of course, if you need more hands-on assistance, I can do that
if your budget can accommodate my fees. But we can start off with
an hour here, an hour there. I promise you will get your money's
worth.

Now here's the thing. There are only so many hours in a day.
Most of my time is spent working with larger clients on more
complex projects. I will clear 10 hours in my current weekly
schedule. That can accommodate ten new people or two new people,
depending upon how many hours they want of my time.

Are you ready to invest an hour with me? I will visit your site
and report back to you about my findings. We will talk for an
hour. I might be able to get you over the hump -- remove some
obstacles -- point you in the right direction -- prevent you from
going off-course -- stop you from making some major mistakes.

Let me ease the disappointment and frustration you have been
experiencing in your online marketing efforts.

Email me at info@schneiderman.net and include "Mentor Me,
Steve!" in the subject line. First come, first served.

Until next time,


Steven Schneiderman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home