Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas is Coming ...

Holiday greetings to old and new subscribers. I recently
sent out a blast to former subscribers who I had lost touch
with, and I am happy to say that hundreds have
re-subscribed. Thanks, and I look forward to
re-establishing our past relationship. Let's not lose touch
again!

Baby It's Cold Outside
----------------------

Well, the weather outside is frightful but the fire's so
delightful ... no, I'm not going to sing, but it sure is
freezing here in Tulsa, and I am happy to have a fireplace
in my office!

My wife's started putting up the 12 foot tree in the main
entrance of our house, and the kids have put up their tree
in the playroom -- leaving off the "baby" ornaments from
their youth. He's 9 and a half and she turned 12 yesterday,
and already they want a more mature looking tree. Yeesh. I
should be grateful, though, since they both handed me their
Christmas list, and each wants less than $100.00 of gifts.
Now if I can just reel the wife in from buying stuff they
don't want or need.

A Prayer Request
----------------

We're planning a surprise 80th birthday for my wife's
parents next week, and her Dad went into the hospital last
night. We're hoping it's nothing and that he will be home
in time for his own surprise party. Her Dad was a pastor
for 30 years in the little sleepy town of Guyman, Oklahoma.
You pass through it on the way to Colorado. I admire the man
greatly for his sensibilities, faith, and the way he raised
his three sons and adopted daughter. Think of him (Harland)
these next few days, please, and throw a prayer of healing
his way. We would appreciate it.

Ebook Cover Questions
---------------------

I've received a few emails this week from people looking
for advice on ebook covers. They want to know if they
should purchase software to create their own covers or have
me design one for them. While there are many cool and
powerful software tools that will render 3D ebook covers,
at the end of the day, you still need a designer to create
the 2D cover. So if you just need one cover, I would hire
somebody to design it for you. But if you need multiple
covers over time, then you might do well to purchase a good
tool and learn a little about design. My recommendations:

Quick 3D Cover creates a variety of different quality 3D
rendered images (including book covers, DVD and CDs, boxes,
etc.) in batch mode. You just load your cover artwork and
click, and in seconds you have 50+ images done. Doesn't get
any easier or faster. Here's the link:

http://www.ebookcovercreator.com/quick3dcover.htm

I would also purchase my latest ebook called Designing
Ebook Covers. This ebook walks you through the design
decisions one must make when creating your own ebook cover.
You can read all about it here:

http://www.DesigningEbookCovers.com

New Ebooks from EbookoMatic Authors
-----------------------------------

At my ebook publishing site, EbookoMatic.com, we've had
some new authors join us and I invite you to learn more
about their latest ebooks:

The Secret of the Butterfly by Janie Houf
http://www.ebookomatic.com/publish/authorinfo.asp?EbookId=1465

The Truth About Internet Sex & Affairs by J. Porter
http://www.ebookomatic.com/publish/authorinfo.asp?EbookId=1464

The Leg Owners Manual by Michael Gillan
http://www.ebookomatic.com/publish/authorinfo.asp?EbookId=1460

The Ten Rules of Slimming by Dr. Naras Bhat
http://www.ebookomatic.com/publish/authorinfo.asp?EbookId=1459

Cool Tool Reviews
-----------------

Killer Text 2: Max Rylski has done it again. If you are
needing to create cool looking headlines (for online or
print) or a text-based logo, then this tool is for you. You
need to see the samples of what you can create with this
tool. Seeing is believing. Check out the review here:


http://www.cooltoolawards.com/software/multimedia/killertext2.htm


Follow-Up Email Generator: Most of my regular readers will
know that I am a big believer in maintaining contact with
your mailing list, no matter how small it is. In 2009, the
big winners in business will be those who understand and
capitalize on email marketing. This tool helps you to
generate the framework for your own series of 21 email
messages. I still think you should hire me to write your
email series for you, but if you can't afford me, this
low-cost tool can be a good alternative,

http://www.cooltoolawards.com/software/business/followupemailcreatorpro.htm

New Site Launched
-----------------

We just completed another site for our long-term customer,
The Persimmon Group. The Persimmon Group Speakers site
features information and video about their senior
consultants speaking about a variety of timely and
intriguing topics. You can check it out here:


http://www.tpgspeakers.com


And remember, if you need a new web site, sales copy,
advertising, etc., please think of me first. I'd love to
work with you in 2009!

Pre-Release Sales Copy Clinic
-----------------------------

I know many people can not afford to pay $1000.00 to have a
sales letter or email series written. Times are tough. So I
have decided to launch a copywriting mentoring site via an
affordable monthly subscription. For the cost of a single
sales letter, you can gain access to me all year-round. As
we say back in NYC, "such a deal!"

The site is in beta and will eventually feature a
members-only forum and other valuable features, but I
wanted to let you all know about this now.

Here's the value: the purpose of the site is to help you to
develop your copywriting skills. Each month you can send me
one sales letter or email series you've written and I will
personally review and comment on it. I will provide you
with written comments, some editing, and recommendations
for improvements.

Each member will also receive a free Sales Copy Clinic Kit
consisting of over $500.00 in specially selected software
tools, ebooks and swipe files that have been hand-picked to
help you craft your sales letters and email series.

To the best of my knowledge, there isn't a site or service
available like this anywhere else on the Net, so I urge you
to consider the value and join now because membership will
be limited to no more than 100 people. I'm doing this to
keep the one-on-one value high, and truthfully, I can only
assist so many people in a given month.

You can learn more here:

http://www.salescopyclinic.com

If you have a remote interest in this -- or if you have a
project coming up -- this could be the best money you spend
in 2009. Join today.

Well, it's time to get to work.

Until next time,

Steven

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home