Thursday, November 06, 2008

More Ways To Save Marketing Dollars During Troubled Times

Good day, friends. I received some interesting emails from
subscribers yesterday, so I felt compelled to keep the
momentum going with some more ways to save money during
these economic periods of uncertainty.

As I said before, most companies will avoid spending money
on their marketing when the economy appears to be
stumbling. Penny wise, pound foolish. Bad strategy.

The wise marketer will take advantage of their competitors'
mistakes and spend their limited marketing budget carefully
and intelligently. While their competitors suddenly
disappear from the limelight, they will step into the
limelight to grab the attention of their audience.

Email is the best way to do this as opposed to direct mail
because your costs are far lower and you can track response
better.

Some people are staunch believers in direct mail. Direct
mail can work when your audience has demonstrated a desire
to hear from you in the past, and they have proven to act
on your call to action.

If they are quiet and you do not receive responses
immediately after your direct mail campaign, then that
tells you the direct mail may be ineffective or you have
not touched them frequently enough to trigger your call to
action. You need to touch them 7-10 times, depending upon
the level of your existing relationship. The better you
know them, the faster the response.

One interesting option that has crossed my desk recently is
Send Out Cards which enables you to send custom post cards
and greeting cards from your desktop. I think this can work
with the right audience and right messaging. If you want to
learn more about it, you can visit my friend's site:

http://www.SendOutCards.com/workwise

Many folks have asked me about product shots. Do you need
them? I think for ebooks and software and special reports
or DVDs, product shots are a must.

Now you can hire a designer, and most will charge $97.00 or
higher for a single image. Yes, I do some design work as
part of my overall marketing services, but it is not how I
earn my money. I charge $49.95 for a single image, but
there is a new product I have learned about -- for the same
cost -- that will enable you to create virtually unlimited
product shots from the same base image.

What this means is you can create your own flat 2D cover in
any package, and then load it into this new tool and the
tool will rapidly generate in batch mode just about
everything you will ever need. I can't tell you about it. I
need to show you. Go here:

http://www.cooltoolawards.com/software/multimedia/quick3dcover.htm


It's worth your time and money and will save you time and
money. Trust me. I bought my copy yesterday and have
already used it this morning for a project.

All my best,

Steven

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home