Monday, September 05, 2011

Best Web Hosting, Best Web Editor

Good afternoon on this hot, sunny Labor Day weekend. I wish you
and yours well, and hope things are going okay wherever you may
be. It's been an interesting week for me as I have begun to
downsize my business operations and refocus. Most notably I have
gone from owning and hosting my own web server to using a leased
server through Host Gator. This has been a technical learning
experience, but I've managed to get through it without any
wounds.

For over a decade, I bought and owned my own web servers. Frankly,
if you can afford it, and you have dozens of domains to manage,
it's the only way to go. Having the capability to remotely
connect and move files, add pages, and work on the server itself
as opposed to remotely publishing from your PC to your server --
well, it's a convenience and a luxury. That said, it cost me
roughly $3,000.00/year to maintain, and that's without having to
repair or replace hardware, update software licenses, or bring in
my tech guys to fight off the hackers.

I decided to use Host Gator as my new leased web host because the
cost savings were incredible. I was able to purchase a three-year
package with unlimited domain hosting, email, space, etc for only
$225.00! That means a savings of almost $9,000.00 over the next
three years, not to mention they provide excellent free support
services.

Now I know a lot of people use GoDaddy because they are domain
registrars and convenient, but an average web hosting package for
a single domain with email and limited space runs around $50.00
each and if you need support, forget it. Their online interface
for managing your domains and email and files are atrocious.

Hands down, Host Gator is the best web hosting company I have
come across. They provide you with a CPanel which is your control
panel for everything. It's all very intuitive and most of it is
wizard-based and walks you through the steps of setting up your
first domain quickly and easily. If you are interested in
learning more, go here:

http://tinyurl.com/44zmrqe

I have some new reviews on their way to you. Moving to Host Gator
has forced my hand to adopt a new HTML editor to create web sites
quickly. I've decided to give XSitePro 2.5 a whirl. I've reviewed
older versions, but this new version has some real time savers
including wizards to create good looking forms to capture visitor
information, setting up news feeds, links to social media, adding
audio and video files with a few clicks, etc.. I'll still spend time on
the graphic design, but putting it all together and publishing
looks like it couldn't be any easier that XSitePro 2.5. I
strongly suggest you check it out here:

http://tinyurl.com/3b973xz

Lastly, I want to extend a holiday special to all my loyal
subscribers. Go to ResellerProducts.com and buy any product and
receive one of equal value for free. Simply make your purchase
and send me an email to info@schneiderman.net requesting your
free product and I will send you a link to your download page.
There's great stuff there to help you with your graphic design,
ebook covers, banners, animation, sales copy, tons of stuff and
all low priced. So go here to take advantage of this Labor Day
Special:

http://www.resellerproducts.com

Until next time,


Steven

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home