Thursday, August 05, 2010

Back to School, DropBox, and Seeing the Light

Greetings to friends old and new and I trust everything is going
well on your side of the screen. The oven-like heat that has been
assaulting us here in Tulsa is about to cool off a bit with some
storms passing through in the next day or so. It's been so hot,
it is pretty hard to do anything but stay in the house or office.
All work and no play does make Jack -- or in this case -- Steven
-- a very dull boy.

Meanwhile the kids are getting ready to return to school and I am
looking forward to falling back into a more predictable schedule
that isn't built upon keeping the kids busy. Trust me, during the
school year they keep pretty busy without much help from us. My
son is starting Clarinet and he is very excited. My daughter made
the 8th grad pom squad and has been hard at work training all
summer.

One of the more interesting things my kids taught themselves this
summer was stop motion animation. It all started out of "Gee,
Dad, we have nothing to do." The next thing I knew, they had
somehow used their digital cell phone cameras to record a series
of stop motion animation videos featuring Lego mini figures and
footage they had captured from video games.

I must admit I was VERY surprised by what they created. So much
so that I gave my daughter my drawing tablet to see what she
could do and my old Hi-8 video camera to my son to see what he
could do. She's busy drawing Japanese Manga animation now and he
is video recording everything he can find. They've made a few
movies and appear to be having a very good time. I just picked up a
new software tool for us to play with called Anime Studio Debut
which enables you to create your own animation. Pretty cool.

Meanwhile back in the office, I have been constantly running out
of online storage for my larger video and graphics files. My
friend, Adeel, told me about DropBox and I strongly recommend you
read the full review here:

http://www.cooltoolawards.com/services/dropbox.htm

It's a free service that starts you out with 2 GB of online
storage and easy ways to move and share files with other people.

A few months ago, I asked a question about what was holding you
back from being happy and successful. Some of you responded with
a variety of answers but the overwhelming sentiment were
financial pressures and a general feeling of hopelessness.

I understand. Trust me I do.

I've had money and I've had none. And I still think it's better
to have some money. And with the economy such as it is, it is hard
to see the light at the end of the tunnel sometimes. But you need
to know the light hasn't gone away and that it is still very much
there waiting for us to find it. But you need to search for it
with all your heart and soul. Or else you'll never get there. Or
get to enjoy what it's like to live in the light. So my advice is
simply this: believe.

If you have questions about this or want to chat, please feel
free to drop me an email at info@schneiderman.net. It would be my
absolute pleasure to get to know you better.

Until next time, I wish you much happiness in life,


Steven

P.S.: Do you know someone who would benefit from my marketing
advice and my life stories? Please click the link below to share
this newsletter with someone you care about:

http://getresponse.com/forward.html?x=a62b&m=lbxT&s=BMayh&y=s&

Schneiderman Marketing, LLC, 1811 South Baltimore, Suite 203, Tulsa, OK 74119, United States

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home