Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Is Someone Calling You?

Good morning. Today I want to share a few thoughts with you and
also tell you about a cool tool I think is going to be of great
interest to most of my readers.

Back in 1980-ish, a friend of mine, Meir Yedid, told me he was
going to make me famous -- relatively speaking, amongst
professional and amateur magicians. I'd been involved with the
art of magic and entertainment since I was five, so when Meir
said this to me, I smiled.

Meir reviewed my own magic trick creations and picked the one he
liked best, improved upon it, and started introducing it amongst
his professional magician friends. These included Harry Anderson
from TV's Night Court and David Copperfield. Both of these guys
liked my trick and offered to perform it and provide testimonials
for it. Meir started marketing it, and I've lost count how many
thousands of copies of this trick he has sold over the past 20
years. I've made a little change on it myself, but it's the
notoriety that I was after.

Meir then hired me to edit some lecture notes and books for him.
Over the next few years he published many publications, and my
name was always credited with the writing and editing. This led
to introductions to other magicians and magic dealers who needed
help with editing and writing. As a result of Meir's antics, I
was offered a column in a major magic publication, started
writing books for other performers and started developing some
level of status amongst my brethren. This led to web sites, too.

Recently, I had another friend ask for my help with managing
some church projects revolving around our hospitality ministry.
Our church is trying to become friendlier to guests in an effort
to bring people closer to their faith and to surround them with
loving friendship. It's a daunting task and I was asked to help
brand the effort. Somewhere along the way, I was asked to write
and ghost-write articles for our church publication. Then I was
asked to become a greeter. And now the church just voted me in as
deacon of the hospitality ministry for 2010. Imagine that. Business
followed soon after. Wow.

It's funny the way these things happen.

Someone sees something in you that you do not see for yourself.
And through their encouragement they bring the best out of you,
to benefit others, but also to prove something to yourself.

Some say it starts with a calling to do something based upon
your own unique talents and gifts. Others might say it is just
being open to lend a hand with something when a friend asks for
your help.

If you are stagnating in some part of your life, I ask you to
consider carefully if your friends have asked for help with
something, and you may not have responded to their call. This
could be the pivot point to finding your own "sweet spot" -- to
reversing a downward trend in your life -- to launching a new
career or exploring a hidden talent you never even suspected was
there.

Think about it, my friends. There's good stuff waiting to be
done, and you may be the perfect person for the job.

OK, nuff said. Now to the cool tool. I know many of you are in
need of a new web site for yourself and can not afford to hire a
pro (me) to design it for you. So here's a new tool called the
Amazing Mini Site Template that comes in several different
designs and colors, is fully customizable, and can transform your
present lackluster web site into something you can be proud of:

http://www.resellerproducts.com/amazing mini site template/

You may need to copy and paste that URL into your browser but go
take a look at it. For $27.00 you really can't go wrong and it
will positively make your site shine.

Until next time, listen to your friends when they ask for help.

OK?

All my best,


Steven

P.S.: Forward this to a friend by clicking the email below:

http://getresponse.com/forward.html?x=a62b&m=VTPc&s=BM46r&y=B&

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home