Thursday, November 19, 2009

Do You Need a Push?

Greetings, my loyal subscribers. I hope this day is filled with
nothing but good and exciting things for you. My business has
been picking up momentum over the past few weeks with lots of new
opportunities. All this without any formal promotion or
advertising. Friends ask how this is possible. My response is
simple: I have a silent partner in high places who sends me
opportunities. Then it's up to me to qualify them and close them.
If you want to meet Him, let me know. I'd be happy to introduce
you to Him!

I am continuing to update and expand my corporate web site to
reflect my growing diversity of services. The big thing now is
product launches. I understand you can actually pay a well known
guru who will teach you how to become a certified product launch
expert. Now I am getting contacted by people with zero experience
telling me they are certified product launch experts and they
would like to work with me on my next project. Typically, this
requires a sizable upfront fee plus a percentage of sales. A good
deal when you can find it, but would I really trust someone with
zero experience to help me with a product launch. I think not.

Last time I wrote to you, I discussed pursuing your calling and
listening for opportunities to help others. This is how we grow
and become our own certified experts. Let me give you an example.

Four years ago, when I returned to full-time consulting, I
was having a heckuva time getting new clients. I was more
expensive than everyone else out there, and people were reluctant
to pay for quality.

A friend of mine, John Hostler, asked me why I wasn't selling
copywriting services. I told him I didn't think I could sell
that. He laughed and reminded me I had a BA and MA in Creative
Writing, taught writing for three years at the university level,
published my own newsletters and books and ebooks, had been
director of marketing for three Fortune companies, and had built
my own internal ad agency at WilTel with 20+ designers, writers,
etc. And I had been writing for my employers for decades.

He had a point. I just never heard the calling to pursue it
before John suggested it.

John knew I was in a tough spot, so he advanced me some money
and sent me some sales letters and email series he had written
and told me to follow his examples. Then he started sending me
work. He coached me through the first project, and then started
sending me more and more work. I worked with John -- the best
damn copywriter on the Net -- for about a year on a multitude of
projects until he told me I didn't need him anymore and to go do
it on my own. Like a mother bird, he pushed me out of the nest,
and I discovered I could fly on my own.

Sometimes we need a push.

Since then, I've tripled my rates and business has been very
consistent. But without John's prodding and help, I would never have
heard the call or learned about my gifts, or put them to work for
others.

You have to be listening. You have to be watching.

Nuff said?

If you need help getting started, let me know. I'm always here
for you. Sales copy, product images, web sites, and even product
launches. 918-810-5233 or info@schneiderman.net, Monday through
Friday, 9am - 5pm CST. At your service. Visit www.schneiderman.net
for the full story.

Until next time,


Steven

P.S.: Do a friend a favor and forward this email to him. They will
thank you for it:

http://getresponse.com/forward.html?x=a62b&m=VgrI&s=BMayh&y=9&

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home