Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Carbonite, eCover Suite Elite, Rocket Science and More!

Greetings my loyal friends and subscribers. I
hope your weather is better than ours. It's
pouring and close to 100 degrees out this week.
It's like walking through a sauna. Lots of fun
especially if you wear glasses as I do. The second
I get out of my air-conditioned office or car, my
eyeglasses steam up. Maybe I should try contacts.

A few quick bits of business:

Carbonite -- I finally bit the bullet and dropped
by $54.95 for a year's backup service. This thing
appears to be great. It works in the background on
my laptop while I work with zero degradation to
the system. Very easy to retrieve files, too. Here's
the review:

http://www.cooltoolawards.com/services/carbonite.htm

eCover Suite Elite -- The creators of a new
collection of PhotoShop actions sent me their
product for review and it's quite nice. With these
actions you can create some very life-like product
shots with relative ease. Sample product shots
and a review of the product may be found here:

http://www.cooltoolawards.com/software/multimedia/ecoversuiteelite.htm

People frequently ask me if I pay for all the
stuff I review. Well, I created the
CoolToolAwards.com site back in 1999 when I
relaunched my consulting services in Tulsa. I
realized I was going to need a bunch of products
and services, and I didn't want to pay for it all.

So I approached the companies with the products I
wanted and needed, and "nominated" them for a Cool
Tool review. In exchange for a free "reviewer"
copy of their product, I would evaluate and review
it on my site. Participants could receive a
Bronze, Silver or Gold award graphic which they
were directed to add to their web site and
cross-link to their review on my site.

This did many things for me:

- I got almost everything I wanted for free
- I got a lot of traffic sent to my site through
the cross-links to the reviews
- I got a lot of affiliate commissions as a
result of embedding my links in my reviews

Now I don't get everything for free. Some
marketers don't bite when I extend my offer. In
those rare cases I will buy a product if it comes
with reseller rights and I feel I can market it
and make my money back. In most cases, I can make
many times my money back.

So if you are interested in learning all the
details of how I accomplish this bit of marketing
magic, I invite you to check out my ebook, Rocket
Science Revealed, where I explain the history and
success of the site, and how to duplicate it for
yourself.

To this day, the vast majority of my
product reviews have very high search engine
ranking, and this affords me consistent monthly
recurring passive revenue stream. If you like
getting free products and services, lots of
traffic and affiliate commissions while you sleep,
starting your own product review site is a good
place to focus your energies. If I can do it,
anyone can.

http://www.rocketsciencerevealed.com

I have received many emails asking for help with
smaller marketing projects. If I can accommodate
your project within my schedule, I will be pleased
to do so. In some cases, though, it might be less
expensive and more practical for some of you to
consider joining my Sales Copy Clinic:

http://www.salescopyclinic.com/

For a low introductory price, I will mentor you
by phone or email and help you with your sales
copy each and every month. Remember, I normally
bill my time at $150/hour. Sales letters and email
series start at $750.00. But through this new
mentoring service, you will pay a low $99/month.
Check it out. This may be for you if you are on a
limited budget and willing to write the first draft.

Do you have a 2D cover designed and simply want
to see it rendered as a 3D product image without
having to buy PhotoShop or hire an expensive
designer? Well, for $29.95 I will take your 2D
image and render it in over 50 different product
image combinations including books, boxes, CDs,
DVDs and more. So while other designers may charge
you $97-117 for each image, I will charge you only
$29.95 to take an existing 2D image and render
over 50 different images for you -- and in most
cases -- same day service. Write to me at
info@schneiderman.net if you are in need of this
special service.

OK, that's it.

Until next time,


Steven

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home