Friday, June 12, 2009

Good and Bad Sales Letters

Soggy day in T-Town and my son's 10th birthday is tomorrow!
Hope it doesn't rain as he has a bunch of friends expecting
to go swimming. If you've ever been in a similar situation,
please give me some ideas for contingency plans.

GOOD AND BAD SALES LETTERS

Last I wrote I recommended a product called Flash Optins
which is a collection of really well-designed Flash
animated opt-in boxes for newsletter subscription. Trouble
is this guy's sales letter is full of errors. Out of about
1200 subscribers, 36 visited the site and no one made a
purchase!

Was this guy's sales page that bad? Some wrote to
me -- hot on my discussion about the importance of good
sales copy -- and told me they found the page horrifying!
Do poorly written sales pages have a negative effect on
sales? I'd say so and that little experiment is proof.

Here's two more sales pages to look at:

ANIMATED WEB GRAPHICS PRO
http://www.resellerproducts.com/animatedwebgraphicspro/

This is a great collection of animated GIFs -
professionally designed - and you get the PhotoShop PSD
file to customize them. The sales page is neat, well
designed, offers sample graphics and a video demonstrating
how to use the tools. Does this sales letter work better
for you?

AWEBER UNLEASHED
http://www.resellerproducts.com/aweberunleashed/

This is a collection of 15 videos - well produced and very
clear in their instruction - which teach you how to use all
of the fine features of the popular aWeber sequential
autoresponder system. The sales letter is a typical mini
site that doesn't waste a lot of time with sales copy. Does
it work for you as is or does it need something more?

Let me hear back from you with your comments. And if you
found a really bad sales letter somewhere, let me know!
We'll share it and discuss it next time.


All my best,

Steven

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home