Thursday, October 16, 2008

Guard Your Online Identity!

Today I wanted to remind you to safeguard your identity online. If you have a web site and include your signature within the site's sales letter, you are a sitting target for identity theft. All someone has to do is save the image of your signature from your web site and print it on a check with their inkjet printer.

That's pretty scary isn't it? About 6 months ago I realized this and immediately removed my signature from every one of my sites.

Don't believe me?

Do a search using Google image search for "signature.jpg":

http://images.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&safe=active&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=zRu&q=signature.jpg&btnG=Search+Images

It's a forger's dream come true.

Better get moving.

Until next time.

Steve Schneiderman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home