Friday, September 15, 2006

What Really Burns My Butt...

What really burns my butt are membership sites that place the Forgot Password link right after the password field instead of after the Submit button.

Why is this such a pain? Simple. If you are like most people, once you enter your login name and password, you hit Tab and then the Enter key. If the Forgot Password link is placed after the Password field, what usually happens is that you get prompted to change or retrieve your password. PayPal is a perfect example of this design error. Visit their site and look at their screen. This is not the way it should work.

Paypal

Now look at one of my sites, EbookoMatic.com. I’ve placed the Forgot Password link after the Submit button so these types of accidents don’t happen.

Ebookomatic

It may not seem like much, but it’s my small contribution to help make the Internet a better place to visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home